If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (757) 934-8404

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Overview

3/21/2018 (Permalink)

Mold can grow anywhere that there is moisture and normally you can see or smell if you have a mold problem. It always needs three things to grow; water or moisture, a food source, and time. Mold usually appears to be fuzzy, with discolored patches that can be slimy, accompanied by a musty odor. If the mold is not visible, it is commonly found behind or underneath carpets, walls, wallpaper, and cabinets. Sources that can lead to mold are flooding, roof leaks, indoor plumbing leaks, humidifiers, damp basements and crawlspaces, steam from your bathroom or kitchen, and outdoor drainage problems.

Exposure to mold can cause health issues including headaches, coughing, itchy/watery eyes, wheezing and difficulty breathing, skin irritation, and sinus congestion. You are more susceptible to these health issues if you currently have a respiratory condition or a compromised immune system. Mold cleanup starts with controlling the moisture problem and identifying and correcting the source of the water/dampness. Call us here at SERVPRO of Suffolk/Smithfield/Franklin and we will be happy to answer any questions and assist you in remediating your mold issues. 757-934-8404

Other News

View Recent Posts